Nationwide moves are unique in that they require movers to really think ahead and plan their move efficiently. This is not always an easy task, depending on your level of organizational skill and multitasking. Hiring a professional moving company is one way to help keep your move on-track and organized, as well as significantly reduce the potential for problems along the way. Santa Clarita residents are used to long commutes; however, moving nationwide is an entirely new undertaking that professional movers in the area can help with.
In this article, we’ll cover some of the basic complexities that Santa Clarita residents tend to run into during their nationwide moves, and some helpful tips for how to overcome some of these tasks that can frequently pose major obstacles to a successful move.
- Planning Your Budget – Budget planning is one of the most frequently complained-about topics when it comes to nationwide moves. It is often the case that you’ll need to plan to stay in a hotel overnight, or for several nights, along the journey. You’ll also want to consider the cost of food, the cost of professional services, and other expenses when planning your budget. It might not be the most fun you’ve ever had, but you’ll be glad you took the time to plan your budget when you still have money in your savings account after your nationwide move.
- Staying Organized and Efficient – Another difficulty that nationwide movers face is remaining organized and efficient throughout the entire process from start to finish. This is a daunting responsibility for many movers, but it’s worth it in the end. Staying organized can help you stay on-budget, can prevent disasters from occurring, and can reduce your stress level significantly. Here are some things to consider to stay organized and efficient in preparing for and executing your nationwide move:
- Packing Effectively – Avoiding packing and prolonging the inevitable won’t help you achieve a seamless nationwide move; in fact, it increases the risk of damage occurring to your belongings, items getting lost or misplaced, or not being able to access important items such as medications. Here are some tips to pack effectively:
- Keep urgent or immediate items readily available
- Label boxes clearly
- Categorize items in an organized fashion
- Pack breakable items with the necessary materials
- Making Arrangements – Planning ahead of time for your nationwide move can keep you from having to improvise at inconvenient moments. For instance, making arrangements ahead of time to have your moving company measure items and plan routes in and out of the residence before moving day can help you avoid unforeseen problems like having to find creative ways to move heavy items down flights of stairs at the last minute.
- Keeping Other Household Members On-Task – Often nationwide movers find that it’s difficult to keep themselves on-track, let alone their household members. Children will especially need more time to adjust to the moving process. It’s important to engage the entire household in the moving experience so that you can better delegate responsibilities, keep stress at bay, and avoid mishaps.
- Finding a Reliable, Trustworthy Moving Company – Finding a professional moving company you can trust doesn’t have to be as difficult as one might think it is. Here are a few recommendations for considerations you’ll want to keep in mind while researching professional moving companies in the Santa Clarita area:
- Credentials – the moving company should have the proper credentials, including licenses, certifications, registrations, and insurance. It’s critical to ask for this information in writing before signing any contracts.
- References, Referrals, & Reviews – The three R’s are an essential component of finding the right professionals to handle your nationwide move. Finding out how their previous clients’ experiences went is a great way to learn more about how the company performs business.
- Pricing – Comparing pricing of companies in your area is important in order to stay within your moving budget, and is usually a helpful first step in setting a realistic budget for a nationwide move.
How Watford Moving & Storage Can Help
Moving nationwide is a difficult process that is best performed by experts. The experienced moving professionals here at Watford Moving & Storage can help make your nationwide move go smoothly without breaking the bank. To learn more about our moving and storage options and our experience with nationwide moves, please contact one of our knowledgeable associates directly. We look forward to making your nationwide move simple and successful.